The K.N. Govt. P.G. College, Gyanpur was established in 1951 by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh as one of the pioneering institutes of higher education with a vision of providing access to the students of rural area to higher education by the then Hon. Chief Minister Shri G.B. Pant and Education Minister, Dr. Sampurnanand through the extraordinary contribution of Raja Banaras, Dr. Vibhuti Narain Singh in the form of buildings and fund donation.